Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Great Social Security Scam

So I received my annual report from the welfare program that the government calls "Social Security". The report details exactly how much the government plans on screwing me out of my own money so they can give it away to others who didn't plan properly for their retirement. In celebration of this joyous occasion I have updated my SSA Fleece application. You can find it here.

When you realize how much money is flowing through this bloated bureaucracy, perhaps you'll realize how awful a system it really is.

According to my calculations my employers and I will pay close to $340,000 into the system during my lifetime (assuming my current yearly wage stays static and I work until age 62). Earning even a 4% interest rate this amounts to over $1,000,000 by the time I reach age 70. According to my SSA document if I start receiving benefits at age 70, it will take 34.88 YEARS for me to recover this amount of money.

All I can say is wow.

No comments: