Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Roger Clemens

So we'll probably never know for sure if the Rocket took steriods. He was named in the Mitchell Report by a former trainer. Of course he denies ever using steroids, but who wouldn't? If he DID use them would there be any benefit to admitting he did? And if he did NOT use them, he certainly would not lie and say he did. So where does that leave us. It leaves us with a trainer, Brian McNamee who cooperated with the government to attempt to avoid as much jail time as possible. Is he telling the truth? Who knows?

My guess is if he had told the prosecutors "nah, no one on the Yankees used steroids" it would be assumed he was lying, and there goes his plea deal. So of course he has to name someone. Then again perhaps he is telling the truth.

Either way, there's no good way for me to know who's lying and who's telling the truth. I don't know either man from Adam. One thing is for sure. Roger Clemens is coming off my "heroes" list. One day I may decide to add him back, but at this time I've lost all faith in baseball in general. It really sickens me.

No comments: